Our Mirror image conversion is where we transfer all the components over to replicate the original manufacturers engineering standard and design when the vehicle was first built.
The huge range of changes and innovation in a standard conversion include but are not limited to...
- A one piece dash completely manufactured to a mirror image of the original
- Authentic panels retained in firewall
- Factory original air conditioning evaporator cores and components provide full air flow heating, cooling, demisting and their controls precisely as per the original
- Windscreen wipers converted for right hand sweep - an important issue for safety
- Memory seats where fitted are changed to drivers side.
- All original steering linkages are used.
- Outside mirrors are converted so you can see correctly behind you.
- Instruments, air conditioning indicators are changed to metric
- Brake booster - master cylinder mounted in front of brake pedal as per original.
- Door switches converted so right hand driver has full control or doors - and windows.
- Original Air Bags are maintained as per original.
- Handbrake changed over to the right as per original.
- Centre console is angled towards driver as per original.
- Engine bay is perfect, no ugly holes or half measures.
- Chassis are painted throughout for appearance
- Centre console lids are converted so driver can access without leaning over
- New power steering box specifically designed for right hand drive.
- ISO quality assurance program ensures the exact duplicity of the conversion
What to look out for when considering a converted vehicle?
- Chains or Pulley conversion as this is not they way the vehicle was designed
- Illegally cut and welded steering shafts.
- Improvising due to cost cutting.
- Aftermarket heaters or air conditioning parts used.
- Rods or spontaneous parts.
- Cut and shut or damaged vehicles.
- Changing brands just to pick up a sale.
- Makeshift parts, dash boards that don not fit neatly.
- Non standard components
- Bad joins, holes in firewall, no insulation
- Do they have ISO quality assurance in the facility? The list goes on
Think this does not happen? you are wrong - don't gamble - your life may depend on it!
Chevrolet Australia can either source a new and pre owned vehicle, convert them from left to right hand drive and deliver to wherever you require. We are even happy to convert your vehicle from left to right hand drive and arrange shipping to where you wish.
We at Auto Group International our proud of our reputation for quality, and with over sixty qualified technicians and growing - we're eager to help you through your vehicle purchase. Contact us today for your Chevrolet requirements and see the difference.